Oasis of The Seas

Oasis of The Seas

Monday, May 23, 2011

Why did I choose Oasis?

I had been on smaller cruises with my very first large cruise experience celebrating my sister's 40th Bday onboard Carnival's Victory on April 27, 2003.  Our western itinerary included Cozumel Mexico, Grand Cayman, and Ocho Rios Jamaica.  While I made every attempt to ensure my children experienced all the "good" life has to offer and expose them to travels most children their ages could only dream of....we sailed without them.

Four years later, my oldest daughter was graduating high school, so I figured since the children were excluded from our last cruise, I would plan an event which would be rewarding, educational, and of course memorable.  That's when I began searching for cruises and somehow stumbled upon Royal Caribbean Cruise Line......now I'm addicted and a loyal Royal Caribbean passenger.  We traveled on the Majesty of The Seas on July 16, 2007 docking in Key West Florida, Coco Cay Bahamas, and Nassau Bahamas.  I told you about my addiction.....I guess it's hereditary because at this point, my children have now obtained the same addiction.

The following year my 2nd oldest was graduating high school and pleaded to have the same graduation gift...onboard a cruise ship.  Being the wonderful mom that I am, her wish was to be my command, but during that time our family was going through some unmentionable issues and the finances had to be re-directed, but still, I was determined to one day fulfill my babies request. 

For two years, I kept hearing her request play out in my head and the repetitive answer...."I didn't forget your graduation gift Bambi, I'm going to take you on a cruise, I promise."  So, in the summer of 2010, I asked her if she still wanted to cruise.  Her reply without hesitation was "Yes, when are we going?"  I had been following the maiden voyage online and knew all that Oasis offered, and remember thinking....now that would be an amazing gift for some amazing people!  On August 16, 2010 I booked our cruise on the largest ship at sea....The Oasis of The Seas! 

We're 19 days away from our June 11, 2011 sailing and s-o-o-o ready to go.  This trip will include myself and my 4 children (my fourth child is my oldest daughters husband who is new to cruising)--can't wait to see if he becomes a cruise addict as well.  Oh-oh...if he does we'll be planning another cruise real soon I'm sure, maybe to celebrate my other son's graduation or maybe just to pacify our addiction.  For this trip, our western itinerary includes Labadee Haiti, Falmouth Jamaica, and Cozumel Mexico.

You're invited to join us as we take our journey onboard this beautiful ship known as the "Floating Nation of Why Not".  Why not rock climb, ice-skate, surf, go to 24 different restaurants in 7 days, see broadway style shows, watch high-diving shows, ride a carousel, all this and more is done on this mighty ship.  I will be adding to this blog daily up until our day of departure filling you in on everything and anything I can think of to hopefully assist you in any of your future cruise plans.  Once we return, I'll be sure to share our photos and videos.

I'll do my very best to capture every detail about the floating nation and hopefully you'll be able to live and re-live the cruise through my eyes.  Just keep in mind, whatever happens on the islands, may have to stay on the islands.  We'll see what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment