Oasis of The Seas

Oasis of The Seas

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Did the reservations agent hear me say local or loco?

Ok, so......I was thinking about starting our vacation just an itsy bit earlier.  Since I live in South Florida home of Port Everglades I don't have to worry about flying out to the cruiseport.  I figured I'd surprise my family with an overnight stay in one of the hotels near the port.  My all time favorite hotel is the Embassy Suites which by the way is completely sold out.  I tried a few more of the other nicer brand hotels and though a lil' more than I'd care to spend for a few hours, I'm sure it would be worth it.  Out of curiosity...I tried one of the 'extended stay' hotels, ok they were reasonable too.  Still trying to find the best rate, I called another.....Whooaaa!  "You mean no free shuttle to the cruiseport, no free breakfast, no oceanview, and you want how much?  Ma'am....I said I'm from the area, I'm local...not un loco!"  Boy...did we both have to laugh at that.  I guess even she knew it wouldn't be worth it to stay overnight.

I've never been one to make a purchase on the first thing I see, I like to browse, but in this case, I booked one of the hotels and for some reason I didn't feel comfortable with my decision.  Within a few hours I called back to cancel.  Sometimes we just have to go with our gut feeling.  Maybe in time things will reveal itself, perhaps a much lower rate is in the works taylor made just for us...who knows?

No comments:

Post a Comment