Oasis of The Seas

Oasis of The Seas

Thursday, May 26, 2011

Everything Must Go!

As I mentioned yesterday, my bags are all packed.  I'll be the first to admit I always seem to over-pack, but there's never a need for me to make purchases once I reach my destination because I make sure I have everything I'll need while away.  Even if means I have to pack my kitchen sink....I take everything! (lol). 

Some of the essential items I picked up are Clorox cleaning wipes to wipe down the door knobs etc. upon our arrival, over-the-door shoe hanger which we'll hang on the bathroom door to hold our toiletries.  I understand the bathroom is limited in space so this will maximize our storage space.  I did a little shopping and picked up more rechargeable batteries, sunblock, after sun coolant, deodorant, toothpaste, travel toothbrush, a beach towel which came with a matching tote bag, and hand sanitizer although this will be found in abundance all over the ship.  The only other things I need to purchase are hair products and a pair of white sandals (I've got just about every color with the exception of white).  I'm not sure where I'll find the room to put them...but they're much needed and I can't leave home without them.  Everything else I already had in the house.  One of the greatest things about being an advanced traveler is you don't have to buy a whole lot of new things, because you have lots of things from the previous trips.  Hence....you have more bucks to splurge while vacationing.

Although I label my bags as overpacked, I'm mindful that 'somebody else' will be handling these heavy bags.  As a former airline employee I know what its like to deal with overweight bags.  Passengers are given a 50 lbs. weight limit and some folks could sometimes be very inconsiderate of others by bringing 75 lbs.+ bags.  The worst part....they wouldn't warn you that they were w-a-y overweight, so you would almost break your back trying to pick up a bag that is very deceptive in looks. 

Don't worry...if I can't lift them, I don't expect anyone else to.  But I'll be on vacation, so volunteers will be needed ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment