Oasis of The Seas

Oasis of The Seas

Friday, May 27, 2011

Signs and Wonders (Wonder if our signs will outlast the bandit)

Walking down the long corridors leading to the staterooms you could easily spot a few decorated cabin doors. A lot of zealous passengers do it for many reasons whether it's just because they love creating crafty items, making a celebratory announcement, or just because it'll make it easier for them to spot their cabin (I'm sure it works well for the person stumbling to his room at 3:00 in the morning with altered thinking due to the amount of consumed 'adult beverages').  Ok....well we'll save that for another discussion. Again, it could be for a number of reasons that passengers hang door signs and decorations.


From time to time there will be pranksters onboard who will pull your decorations down and place on someone else's door, seized as a keepsake, or disposed of, never to be seen again.  I was reminded of this again today and had to chuckle when I heard that someone's door sign was anonymously taken down and exchanged for a bottle of wine. Perhaps I'd be so lucky to have that same bandit on my cruise....for 2 bottles of Moscato and 2 bottles of Verdi he can have all four of my signs. I suggested to someone that I would take pictures of them which would probably last longer than they will on my cabin door.  Below are the 3 personalized magnetic and laminated door signs I made. Royal Caribbean has designed our 4th, so I'll unveil it after the cruise.

I chose to use the DreamWorks characters because Royal Caribbean has partnered with DreamWorks and live characters are found onboard the Oasis class ships as well as 3D Movies which can be seen in the onboard theater.







No comments:

Post a Comment